What is FindCareTT.com?
Findcarett.com is the Directory of MHPSS Services delivered by the Technical Working Group of the Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support Network of Trinidad and Tobago which was activated in 2020 in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The Directory was developed by Technical Working Group member, Mindwise Project, fulfilling one of the objectives of the plan for the group.
The leads on this development project are: Maria O’Brien, Alyssa Khan and Elysse Marcellin
Current members of the TWG are:
- Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- Regional Health Authorities (RHAs)
- Ministry of Social Development and Family Services (MSDFS)
- Ministry of Community Development
- Ministry of Education (MoE)
- The University of the West Indies (UWI)
- Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS)
- Office of the Prime Minister, Ministry of Gender and Child Affairs
- Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (CATT)
- Trinidad and Tobago Association of Psychologists (TTAP)
- Association of Psychiatrists of Trinidad and Tobago (APTT)
- Trinidad and Tobago Association of Social Workers (TTASW)
- Caribbean Alliance of National Psychological Associations (CANPA)
- Trinidad and Tobago Red Cross Society (TTRCS)
- Franciscan Institute Trauma Team (FITT)
- Consortium of Persons with Disabilities – Umbrella for Disabilities
- Mindful kites
- Douglas and Associates Ltd
- The Art Therapy Association of Trinidad and Tobago
- PEAPSL Consultancy Limited
- RN Vincent & Associates
- GROOTS TT
- Alzheimer’s Association of Trinidad and Tobago
- CAISO Sex & Gender Justice
What is mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS)?
Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) is a composite term used in the Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) guidelines to describe any type of local or outside support that aims to protect or promote psychosocial well-being and/or prevent or treat mental disorders in times of disasters and emergencies.
What is the MHPSS Technical Working Group?
The IASC recommends as one of its key actions for coordination, as the establishment of a MHPSS Technical Working Group. This group consists of actors from various sectors. This coordination of groups is responsible for an inter-sectoral and collaborative response through programme planning and implementation in relation to the IASC guidelines
How is the membership of the Technical Working Group (TWG) decided?
The technical working group consists of members from organizations that oversee or are directly involved in the delivery of MHPSS related services or activities.
What is the difference between the MHPSS Technical Working Group and the MHPSS Network?
The TWG is the technical think tank behind the MHPSS network. Not all members of the MHPSS Network are members of the TWG.
What if I have a crisis response service to add to the MHPSS Network?
The MHPSS network is open and therefore additional crisis response services are welcome to join the network and can approach the TWG to have its information listed in the directory of services.
How do I apply to join the MHPSS network?
Send an email to email@example.com
Can I submit services that are not crisis services to this directory?
Yes, any services related to MHPSS can be listed in this directory.
What type of care needs does this directory publish?
This directory publishes
- Mental health services
- Counselling services
- Helpline services
- Social support resources
- Coping materials
- Addiction services
- Gender Based Violence services
- Children and adolescents support services
- Digital Services